Skip to content
Instant Pot Pinto Beans (No Soak)
- 1 cup dry pinto beans
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt depending on preference
- Add all ingredients to Instant Pot
- Cook on Pressure for 36 minutes, allow to natural release for at least 15 minutes before quick release, or allow to completely natural release
Instant Pot Brown Rice
- 2 cups brown rice
- 2 cups water
- Add ingredients to Instant Pot.
- Cook on Pressure for 15 minutes, allow at least 5 minutes (10 recommended) natural release before quick release.
Instant Pot Chicken Rice Porridge (Bubar Ayam)
- 1 cup Rice
- 2 Large Frozen Chicken Breasts (or 3 small chicken breasts, or 4-5 chicken tenders)
- 1 Tablespoon Crushed Ginger (or 2 1-inch cubes diced ginger)
- 4 diced cloves Garlic OR 1 Tablespoon crushed Garlic
- 8 cups water
- Mushrooms (optional)
- 1/2 teaspooon Salt
- Cilantro (diced for topping)
- Sambal Sauce (for topping)
- Raw Peanuts (chopped for topping)
- Fried Shallots or Onions (for topping)
- Kecap Manis (thick sweet soy sauce) (for topping)
- Sesame Oil (for topping)
- Add rice, garlic, ginger, salt, and optional mushrooms to the Instant Pot. Lay the frozen chicken breasts on top. Pour water over everything.
- Cook on Pressure for 30 minutes (use 20 minutes if chicken is NOT frozen)
- Allow to naturally release. Then open and stir gently. Use tongs to remove chicken breasts, shred the chicken into a toppings bowl.
- Prepare toppings in individual bowls, setting out chopped cilantro, raw peanuts, fried shallots, kecap manis, sambal sauce, shredded chicken, and sesame oil.
- Scoop rice porridge into dishes, then add toppings as desired and enjoy!